Founded by F. Francis Najafi, Pivotal Group is a private entrepreneurial investment firm without the constraints of a traditional fund-based business model.
We focus on companies and projects that lead in their market segments, show growth potential, and exhibit attractive margins. We have the expertise to assess complex investment opportunities.
Pivotal funds its investments with internally generated capital, allowing speed, flexibility, and patience to deliver today’s most innovative products and services to the market and build industry leading companies and projects.
With these competitive advantages, we make swift decisions and close transactions with creative and mutually beneficial structures.
With more than 40 years of experience, Pivotal Group is an active investor across multiple asset classes, and today maintains a focus on Private Equity, Growth Equity, and Real Estate.
- We seek to identify new strategic investments in established companies to create significant value over time.
- We work across a diverse range of industries, including telecommunications, technology, media, aerospace, consumer, and business services.
- Our most important investment criterion is an outstanding management team. We do not acquire companies from management teams; we partner with them.
- We invest in later-stage venture capital and growth equity opportunities in order to help generate notable growth over time.
- We assist management with strategy and equip them with capital to help realize their company’s potential.
- We understand that it takes vision, persistence, and humility to succeed. Our goal is to enable A+ teams to reach their peaks and achieve greatness.
- We empirically evaluate markets and asset classes allowing us to effectively anticipate market movements. This approach allows us to profit from the cyclical nature of the real estate market.
- Our target properties include full-service hotels and resorts; office, multifamily, and mixed-use projects; and master-planned residential communities.
- Additionally, we seek underperforming and distressed properties where we can add value through renovation, repositioning, redeployment, expansion, or capital restructuring.